Webinars outline basics of appointing estate trustee, first family law trial
Brampton lawyer-linguist Suzanne Deliscar is presenting two live webinars in June via ezCPD.ca, aimed at walking legal practitioners through an application for a Certificate of Appointment of Estate Trustee with or without a will, and a first family law trial.
On June 7 from 1-2 p.m., Deliscar will host Nuts and Bolts of an Application for a Certificate of Appointment for an Estate Trustee With or Without a Will where she will discuss whether a certificate is needed, the documents and information needed before filing an application, preparation of the documents, serving the appropriate parties, calculating the estate administration tax, whether an administration bond is needed, and filing the application.
And, on June 28 from 1-2 p.m., Deliscar’s Nuts and Bolts of Your First Family Law Trial webinar will provide counsel with the steps and best practices to use in order to successfully conduct a family law trial.
Topics on the agenda include:
- The structure of a family law trial
- Trial management conferences
- Pleadings as a foundation for trial preparation
- Serving and filing documentary evidence
- Preparing your client
- Identifying and preparing witnesses
- Identifying and preparing expert witnesses
- Using the Family Law Rules to your client’s advantage
- Dealing with self-represented litigants
- Managing client expectations
The June 7 webinar is eligible for 60 Substantive minutes of CPD content, and the June 28 program is accredited for 15 Professional and eligible for 45 Substantive minutes of CPD content.
For more information or to register, click here.