Webinar to discuss legal issues facing translators, interpreters
On Oct. 18 at 1 p.m. EDT, the webinar “When the Law Hits Home: Legal Issues Affecting Translators and Interpreters” aims to provide translators and interpreters with a greater awareness of legal issues that they may be obliged to address in both their commercial activities and their personal lives, and how to prevent potential problems by using available free and paid resources and services.
Topics on the agenda include:
- Liability insurance and the language services professional
- Which business structure is best for you?
- Methods for settling commercial disputes
- Am I just helping my clients, or engaging in the practice of law? Here’s how to know
- Estate planning in a nutshell for linguists
- What to do when family law issues arise
- How to find legal help and resources
- “Ask the lawyer” – question and answer period
For more information or to register, click here.