Webinar series covers elements of Canadian court system for translators and interpreters
Brampton lawyer-linguist Suzanne Deliscar will share her insights in a two-part webinar series intended for both intermediate and experienced legal translators and interpreters who want to broaden their client base and learn about the Canadian court system.
The Canadian Court System for Translators and Interpreters will provide detailed explanations of the different levels of the country’s court system, along with the associated court documents. At the end of this series, attendees will have increased knowledge on the country's court system at the federal, provincial, territorial, regional and municipal levels.
Deliscar, founder of Deliscar Professional Corporation, will cover the following topics:
- The relationship between the federal government and provincial and territorial governments
- From the Supreme Court down — the Canadian court system
- Pleadings – documents and key terms
- Finding Canadian legislation and case law
- Glossaries and additional terminology resources
The webinars take place on Jan. 8 and Jan. 15 from 1 – 2:30 p.m. EST and will be available to view later if you miss the live session.
For more details or to register, click here.