Cohen to discuss fertility law at upcoming U of T event
Toronto fertility lawyer Sara Cohen will speak about children’s rights versus donor rights at an upcoming event at the University of Toronto.
Cohen, founder of Fertility Law Canada at D2Law LLP, will take part in a panel discussion entitled: Children’s Rights and Donor’s Rights: Can They be Reconciled?
The event will take place on Nov. 23 from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. in the Rosalie Silberman Abella Moot Court Room (J250), Jackman Law Building, 78 Queen's Park.
The conference, entitled Health, Law, and Ethics: Regulating Creation and the Assisted Human Reproduction Act, will explore:
- An offspring's right to know their biological origin
- A donor's right to privacy
- The commercialization of surrogacy and gametes
- Government funding for fertility treatment
- The future of reproductive technology
For more information and to register for the event, click here.