Pope to host webinars on disability estate planning
Ottawa disabilities and estate planning lawyer Kenneth Pope is hosting webinars where he discusses special needs and disability estate planning.
Pope, principal of Kenneth C. Pope Law, also reviews changes Ontario’s Disability Support Program (ODSP) and how they affect families with members who have special needs.
Attendees will also learn about:
- Increased ODSP asset limit from $5,000 to $40,000
- Increased ODSP gift limit from $6,000 to $10,000
- How families with children with special needs can benefit from the caregiver tax credit now that it has changed
- RDSPs and how they can grow to $400,000
- Recent tax changes affecting trusts and estates and how to navigate through them.
During his webinars, Pope often takes questions from participants and offers specific advice. Those who would like their family's situation addressed or who have a particular question are encouraged to write in. There is a function to allow for those who wish to remain anonymous.
Join Pope's newsletter list here to ensure you never miss an invite.