Pope to discuss estate planning for children with special needs
Ottawa disabilities and estate planning lawyer Kenneth Pope will host a webinar and Q&A session discussing estate planning for people with disabilities as well as provincial and federal benefits.
Pope, principal of Kenneth C. Pope Law, says attendees will learn about changes to the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) and how recent tax changes affect trusts and estates.
The webinar will also provide information on:
- Wills and Henson Trusts
- Increased ODSP asset limit from $5000 to $40,000
- Increased ODSP gift limit from $6000 to $10,000
- How families with children with special needs can benefit from the caregiver tax credit
- The Disability Tax Credit
- RDSPs and how they can grow to $400,000
- Lifetime Benefit Trusts
Liisa Vexler, executive director of Ausome Ottawa will join Pope to discuss the work the organization does supporting families living with autism.
Pope will also answer questions from attendees during the Q&A session. Those who would like to have their individual situation addressed should complete the family evaluation form. Any personal information is kept completely confidential.
The webinar takes place Dec. 12 at 7 p.m.
Click here for more information or to register.