DFI Forensics Inc.
DFI Forensics Inc. provides digital forensics and cybersecurity services to lawyers, businesses and human resources professionals across Canada.
Based in Langley, British Columbia, with locations in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto, the company acquires, preserves, and analyzes digital evidence from computers, servers and mobile devices in order to determine facts. It follows strict forensic protocols to ensure the admissibility of evidence in court, if necessary.
DFI's cases typically involve:
- workplace disputes, including discipline, dismissal, human rights, discrimination and harassment
- family law, such as evidence to resolve issues of credibility, custody and access, division of assets
- Anton Piller orders, involving the civil search and seizure of evidence, in which an expert is necessary to assist in the execution of such orders when they relate to computers and smartphones
- business law matters involving, intellectual property theft, non-competition disputes and non-disclosure agreements
- analysis of metadata to determine date, time, location, creation and revision evidence in relation to computer files.
Tyler Hatch, founder and CEO of DFI Forensics Inc., is a certified computer and mobile forensics examiner who was a former practising trial lawyer, making him one of the most unique investigators in the digital forensics community today.