Corrente to co-moderate CBA panel on ageism in health care
Toronto health lawyer Lisa Corrente will co-moderate a panel on age discrimination in health-care settings at the upcoming Canadian Bar Association National Health Law Summit.
Corrente, partner with Torkin Manes, says the panel will explore issues involving ageism in health care, including:
- Do misconceptions about the elderly lead to misdiagnoses or substandard treatment?
- Do clinicians mischaracterize medical conditions as normal aging?
- Do health practitioners ignore or over-treat conditions and characterize them as unavoidable?
- How is the lack of sufficient accommodation, services and funding in health-care facilities impacting the elderly?
- Do stereotypes, attitudes and misconceptions amongst health-care providers discriminate against the elderly?
- What barriers are faced by some groups of older persons in health-care facilities?
The event takes place April 11 from 8:45 – 10:00 a.m. at the Fairmont Hotel in Winnipeg and is eligible for 1.25 hours of substantive CPD content.
For more information, click here.