How to do AdvocateDaily.com's membership program
Steps to post AdvocateDaily.com links to your website:
- Create a section on your website dedicated to placing the links back to your posts on AdvocateDaily.com to be found easily by anyone researching you. This section can include your other media coverage and/or your blogs posts as well. We recommend using language like In the News or Recent Media to grab attention. If you must put your links back to AdvocateDaily.com on a page entitled Blog, please clearly label that the particular post is News, not just another blog entry, to increase interest in reading it and to ensure it’s clear that you have the endorsement of a third party media outlet.
- Decide where to put the dedicated section:
- If you are practising in a firm, the links should appear on your bio page. If they only appear on a shared firm news feed on the home page or a news page, your posts will get jumbled in with everyone else’s news. It’s fine for them to be there, too, but it’s key for them to appear on your bio page.
- If you are a sole practitioner, the links should appear on your home page where people will land first.
- If you are following the preferred 'first paragraph format,' copy the headline and ONLY the first paragraph of the post and place it on your site. Then insert ellipses (…) and Read More which you hyperlink with the link we sent. Example or Example
- If you are following the less beneficial 'headline only format,' copy the headline and hyperlink the entire headline with the link we sent. Example or Example
- When we publish a blog that originates on your site, we send you the link only for social media distribution. As it is already on your site there is no need to post our link.
- For those blogs that originate on our site, i.e. are written as an AdvocateDaily.com contributor, please use either the 'first paragraph format' or 'headline only format' just like any regular story.