Siegel to share insights on ethical issues in arbitration
Toronto family lawyer Brahm Siegel will speak about ethical issues in family arbitration at the upcoming Osgoode Professional Development forum on Effective Arbitration: Strategies for Success.
Siegel, senior partner with Nathens, Siegel Barristers LLP, will join a panel discussing a series of case studies and audience polling to hone in on potential ethical challenges in the practice of arbitration with a goal to highlight the following:
- Managing the process
- What to look for in selecting an arbitrator
- Procedural interests and obligations of the parties
- Recognizing potential biases and conflicts amongst the parties and the arbitrator
- Inherent difficulties with the process of med-arb
- Why does this process work in family law cases when other practices areas view it as offside?
This unique gathering of experienced practitioners will explore the role that arbitration plays in our dispute resolution system, how it differs from litigation and what you need to know to always be prepared, organizers say.
The event takes place April 17 from 3–4 p.m. at the Osgoode Professional Development Centre, 1 Dundas St. W, 26th floor in Toronto.
For more information or to register, click here.