Karimjee to co-chair LSO's 19th annual Employment Law Summit
On Oct. 30, Toronto employment lawyer and mediator Kumail Karimjee will co-chair the Law Society of Ontario’s Employment Law Summit.
Now in its 19th year, this annual program gets you fully up to date on the most important new cases and legislation in employment law.
Whether you represent employers or employees — or both — the panels of expert practitioners deliver practical and relevant analysis of the year's critical developments in an interactive environment.
Some of the topics covered will include:
- What is involved in launching a class action?
- What impact will marijuana legalization have on workplace drug testing?
- How will the modern workplace change employment law?
- What are the implications of recent mitigation cases for termination clauses?
- What are the pros and cons of the different forums for sexual harassment and assault claims?
Karimjee, a partner with employment law boutique Karimjee Greene LLP and the principal of Karimjee Resolutions Inc., will moderate panel discussions on Mediation; Sexual Harassment and Assault Cases in the Workplace; and Class Actions.
The summit takes place at the Donald Lamont Learning Centre, 130 Queen St. W., Toronto from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The program is also available as a live webcast. This program is accredited for five Substantive CPD hours and one Professionalism hour.
To learn more or to register, click here.