It's time to de-mystify e-discovery!
Technology continues to be more prevalent in our lives. So much so, that the amount of data we receive or keep grows exponentially each day.
Whether the data is personal or business related, it all sits at our fingertips, waiting to be discovered. Studies have shown that up to 85% of all data in a corporation is “dark data”, or Redundant-Obsolete-Trivial (ROT) data*. When an eDiscovery matter arises, this high volume of data can make it difficult to find the treasure.
During a presentation led by industry experts, you will learn about:
- Ethics and privacy concerns (PIPEDA, GDPR) in data collection and processing
- Looking into the dark/ROT data for: document management systems, network based document repositories, smartphones, tablets, laptops, desktops and more
- Tips for how to look at email during your analysis and review phases
- Working with a corporation and the importance of their litigation response team
- Recent industry highlights related to Artificial Intelligence and automation.
Join us for EDISCOVERY: Finding Treasure At The Bottom Of The Data Ocean on Thursday October 17, 2019, starting at 5:15 p.m. Expect an evening of interesting discussion and valued insights from Richard Wessel, President and Lead Consultant, NearZero Discovery, Tarrie Phillip, eDiscovery Case Manager and Corporate Counsel and Lindsay McGhee, eDiscovery Support Specialist
CPD for this program includes 85 minutes of Professionalism Content.
EDISCOVERY: Finding Treasure At The Bottom Of The Data Ocean | Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 5:15 – 6:45 p.m. | TLA Lawyers Lounge, 2nd Floor, 361 University Avenue Court House
*“Global Databerg Report: See What Others Don't.” Veritas, www.veritas.com/product/information-governance/global-databerg.html, 2016