Don’t be spooked by the Construction Lien Act amendments! Tuesday, October 30, 2018. 5:15-7pm
On July 1, 2018, the first round of amendments to the Ontario Construction Lien Act – including its new name, the Construction Act, came into force; and on October 1, 2019, a second round of amendments joined them, substantially changing this area of law.
All litigators who deal with construction law matters should join us for this practical program, Don't Be Spooked by the Construction Lien Act Amendments, which will explain how these changes to the Construction Lien Act will affect your clients’ businesses and your practice. Hear from construction law practitioners and the construction lien Master at Toronto, as they:
- Compare and contrast the old and the new Act, including procedure and forms;
- Discuss Transition planning and practice management tips; and
- The effect of these changes on the construction lien courts.
Our prestigious and learned panel is moderated this evening by Christine Kellowan, of Goldman Sloan Nash & Haber LLP, and includes:
- Master Charles G.T. Wiebe, Superior Court of Justice in Toronto
- Brendan Bowles, Glaholt LLP
- Lori Goldberg, General Counsel at Coco Group of Companies
- Olga Morozova, Goldman Sloan Nash & Haber LLP
Attendees of this program will be accredited with one hour and forty-five minutes of Substantive Content.
This tailored approach to meeting and exceeding our members' needs is really what a TLA Nutshell is all about. We invite you to check out our fall line-up for other upcoming seminars. TLA Nutshells run in the evening, generally last a couple of hours, and offer CPD credits in a collegial, informal atmosphere. Our seminars are designed, written and presented by professionals from our shared legal community. Be sure to join us for great conversation, while getting your questions answered.