Flip Your Wig for Justice Pub Night – February 24
Who says access to justice has to be a sober affair? Join Pro Bono Law Ontario and the Canadian Civil Liberties Association on February 24 at the Elephant and Castle to raise funds for the Flip Your Wig for Justice Campaign. Guests will be asked to pay a $20 coverage, which will be donated to the Campaign.
The Elephant and Castle
212 King Street West, Toronto
February 24th, 2014
Flip Your Wig for Justice is an awareness campaign and pledge-based fundraising event culminating on March 6, when members of the justice community and general public in Ontario will wear traditional judicial or wacky wigs to show their support for non-profit access to justice organizations like PBLO and the CCLA. All money raised during the Flip Your Wig campaign will be split evenly among the seven participating organizations: PBLO, CCLA, the Association in the Defense of the Wrongly Convicted, Community Legal Education Ontario, the Metropolitan Action Committee on Violence Against Women and the Ontario Justice Education Network and Pro Bono Students Canada.
Together and independently, these organizations:
• Provide free legal help for people who can’t afford to pay a lawyer
• Disseminate legal information to people who need help understanding their legal problems
• Pursue justice for individuals who have been wrongfully convicted of a crime
• Educate youth about the legal system and their rights and responsibilities as Canadians
• Expose rights violations in Canada
• Encourage lawyers to donate their time to provide free legal assistance