The Toronto Lawyers Association presents: Demystifying the Trial Experience: Every Question Answered
You are a civil litigator. You have diligently worked up a case, finished discoveries, and set the case down for trial. You had an unsuccessful pre-trial. Your first-ever trial starts in a month. Now what? This nutshell will give you the essential information you need to feel confident on your first day of trial.
- How do I prepare the 'right' way?
- What goes into an effective cross examination?
- How do I avoid incivility traps with the other side?
- How do I interact with opposing counsel, the judge, the jury, and court staff?
- What do I do to remain sane during the trial?
Join us on Wednesday, September 30, 2015, at 5:15 p.m. in the TLA Lawyers Lounge, 2nd Floor, 361 University Avenue Courthouse. Register on the TLA website.